- Trouble mounts for Sreesanth as Mumbai cops gather more evidence
- SIT to seek Supreme Court guidance on Maya Kodnani death penalty issue
- Tamil Nadu police bans Yasin Malik-linked pro-Eelam public meeting
- Kings XI Punjab end IPL 2013 campaign with a win
- Narendra Modi: India losing sheen as agricultural nation
Over 1,000 surgeons, professors and students from across the state attended a conference organised by Poona Orthopaedic Association. Sessions like "Bone Joint Infections In Children" and "Tuberculosis of the Dorso-Lumbar Spine", how-to-do videos on topics like "Arthroscopic Repair" and the Ortho-Radio-Patho workshops, too, were well received by all. The session "The Good, The Bad, The Ugly-Hip Replacement in Proximal Femaral Fractures" also garnered a lot of attention. Prominent personalities in the medical field like, Dr. Vilas Jog, Dr. Ranjan Kothari, Dr. Neeraj Adkar, Dr. Ketan Khurjekar, Dr. Sharad Pagare, Dr.Nitin Deshpande, among others participated.
New ward donated
Mukul Madhav Foundation has donated a special Neonatal Intensive Care Unit (NICU) ward to K.E.M. Hospital. The recently inaugurated ward has been named 'Sonali – The Little Stars Room'. 'Sonali- the Little Stars Room' in the NICU ward is provided with six beds along with ventilator, Bubble CPAP, Pulse Oximeter, Phototherapy unit, Syringe pumps and warmers. This section of the ward will be made available for people from the lower social-economic strata of society, by charging the rates much lower than normal.
The 10th National Dental Update with the theme "Changing Paradigms in Clinical Dentistry" organised by the Department of Dental Surgery, Armed Forces Medical College, Pune, was inaugurated at Bharadwaj Auditorium, AFMC by the Lt Gen S Murali Mohan, Director General Dental Services and Presidents' Honorary Dental Surgeon. On this occasion Maj Gen Manoj Luthra, VSM, the Dean of AFMC, released a handbook of dental sciences for medical students as well. This is the first book on dentistry designed specifically for medical students being published in India. The two day conference, focuses on the various specialities of contemporary clinical dentistry including workshops and live surgical demonstrations on orthognathic surgery and dental implants. Approximately 150 delegates from all over India are attending this conference.
- Destitute, orphan students outclass rest in Andhra Class 10 exams
- To re-energise ties, PM wants to visit US, waits for confirmation
- NIA court says no terror link, frees 'Hizbul militant' Liyaqat on bail
- CBI arrests its coal allotments investigator on bribery charge
- ‘Cricketer-bookie Amit may have used Jiju to reach Sree’
- BCCI chief N Srinivasan says police must prove spot-fixing allegations