Heavy rush at 4 pvt schools on day 1 of distribution of admission forms
- BJP tears into UPA govt on 4th anniversary, says it lacks leadership
- Madras High Court issues notice to BCCI, Sports Minister over IPL spot-fixing
- Jessica Lal murder: Actor Shayan Munshi, ballistic expert Manocha to face perjury trial
- India seeks access from US to 26/11 terror convicts Headley, Rana
- Govt further cuts import tariff value of gold
Day One of the distribution of forms for school admission for entry to classes in four private schools witnessed a huge rush when parents queued up to buy the forms.
However, high drama prevailed outside the Sacred Heart Senior Secondary School, Sector 26 when a few parents had a scuffle with the security guards.
Sacred Heart Senior Secondary School, Sector 26 sold nearly 1000 forms for admission to lower kindergarten class l, Carmel Convent School, Sector 9 sold 900 forms and St Annes Convent School, Sector 32 managed to sell 1046 admission forms.
Due to the heavy rush of parents, even traffic jams were witnessed on the roads leading to the respective schools.
"If schools started the distribution of forms there should be proper management of traffic and school managements need to do something," said Jasmeet Kaur, a parent.
The draw of lots in Scared Heart Senior School and St John's will take place on January 17 at 3.30 pm and the final list be out by the next day.
- Fixing probe now reaches Bollywood, son of Dara Singh held
- BCCI cashes Pune Warriors guarantee, 'disgusted' Sahara walks out of IPL
- Sreesanth spent Rs 1.95L on clothes, bought friend BlackBerry, paid in cash: Police
- Delhi firm with MoD as client is linked to Pak cyberattacks
- After Infosys, iGATE sacks Phaneesh Murthy for sexual misconduct
- 2 weeks after harassment, Haryana schoolgirls return, cops in tow