Helicopter Pawan Hans makes emergency landing at Katra, 7 injured
- IPL spot-fixing: Chennai Super Kings owner's kin under police scanner
- IPL 2013 LIVE SCORE: Sunrisers Hyderabad vs Rajasthan Royals
- Jessica Lall murder: Actor Shayan Munshi, ballistic expert Manocha to face perjury trial
- BJP tears into UPA govt on 4th anniversary, says it lacks leadership
- BCCI was forced to encash Pune Warriors' bank guarantee: Sanjay Jagdale
Seven persons, including pilot, were injured when a Pawan Hans helicopter carrying Vaishnodevi pilgrims, made an emergency landing in Trikuta hills in Reasi district of Jammu and Kashmir following a technical fault detected soon after take-off.
A Pawan Hans helicopter with 6 pilgrims was returning from Sanjtichat-based helipad and made an emergency landing at Salal-Dabri area after the pilot detected a technical snag after take-off, Deputy Inspector General (DIG), Udhampur-Reasi range, Jagjeet Kumar said.
During the emergency landing, the helicopter tilted due to non-availability of proper space resulting in injuries 7 people including 6 pilgrims, the DIG said.
A Pawan Hans official in Delhi said the pilot detected the technical fault in the engine and made a "precautionary landing" at Katra.
Police teams were rushed to the spot from Bhawan and Katra belts and the injured have been hospitalised.
The pilot was identified as Col A Parmar.
Katra is a small town situated in the foothills of the Trikuta Mountains where the holy shrine of Vaishno Devi is located.
Over one crore pilgrims visit cave shrine of Mata Vaishnodevi annually.
Pawan Hans and Global Victra helicopter services are ferrying pilgrims between Sanjichat-based helipad and Katra base camp daily.
- Fixing probe now reaches Bollywood, son of Dara Singh held
- BCCI cashes Pune Warriors guarantee, 'disgusted' Sahara walks out of IPL
- Sreesanth spent Rs 1.95L on clothes, bought friend BlackBerry, paid in cash: Police
- Delhi firm with MoD as client is linked to Pak cyberattacks
- After Infosys, iGATE sacks Phaneesh Murthy for sexual misconduct
- 2 weeks after harassment, Haryana schoolgirls return, cops in tow