Hero MotoCorp posts highest ever monthly sales in January as Ignitor, Passion X-Pro cruise
- Trouble mounts for Sreesanth as Mumbai cops gather more evidence
- SIT to seek Supreme Court guidance on Maya Kodnani death penalty issue
- Tamil Nadu police bans Yasin Malik-linked pro-Eelam public meeting
- Kings XI Punjab end IPL 2013 campaign with a win
- Narendra Modi: India losing sheen as agricultural nation
Two-wheeler manufacturer Hero MotoCorp today said it has recorded highest monthly sales of 5,57,797 units in January 2013.
This is a growth of 7.21 per cent from 5,20,272 units sold in same month of 2012, Hero MotoCorp said in a statement.
The previous highest sales was in May 2012, when the company had sold 5,56,644 units.
Hero MotoCorp Senior Vice-President (Marketing & Sales) Anil Dua said, "Our new motorcycle launches like Ignitor and Passion X-Pro are receiving excellent customer response, while growth in our scooters, Pleasure & Maestro, is outpacing the industry growth.
"The overall two-wheeler industry is again showing good volumes, and we are hopeful of keeping up the momentum," he added.
During the month, the company also commenced construction of its fourth manufacturing plant and the Global Parts Centre (GPC) at Neemrana in Rajasthan.
Hero Motocorp will invest a total of Rs 550 crore in setting up these facilities, the statement added.
- Quake-hit and shaken, Bhaderwah spends nights in the open
- UP blast accused dies on way to jail, govt wanted to drop case against him
- Former civil aviation secy changes mind, seeks airport security exemption as EC
- BCCI suspects Gujarat players in other teams were also approached
- Police on money trail, Sreesanth in fresh trouble
- Chhattisgarh 'encounter' leaves 8 villagers dead, no Maoist link yet