Higgs Boson discussed at PU
- Former Ranji player held, Sreesanth and others to be produced in court today
- Li Keqiang pitches for more Chinese investments as he backs trade balance
- All eyes on Narendra Modi as BJP set to discuss strategy for Lok Sabha polls
- SC agrees to hear PIL to stay IPL matches due to spot-fixing
- Monstrous tornado rips through US city of Oklahoma, 90 dead
A lecture on 'The Holy Grail of Particle Physics: The Search and Discovery of the Higgs Boson' was organised at Panjab University by the School of Communication Studies and Department of Physics on Tuesday.
Dr R Ramachandran, the guest speaker, highlighted the present understanding of the structure of matter at the sub-atomic scale, the standard model of particle physics and the discovery of Higgs Boson
The Guest of Honour was Raj Chengappa, Editor-in-Chief of The Tribune, and the lecture was presided over by Professor A K Grover, Vice-Chancellor of the University.
- 'Sophisticated' Indian cyberattacks targeted Pak military sites: Report
- Talkative Li quoted Weber, Hegel, Jobs, said PM is large-hearted
- Bihar food corp ends up with chaff as rice worth Rs 535 cr vanishes from mills
- In 7 lucrative minutes on May 9, Sreesanth bowled 6 balls, bookie made Rs 2.5 cr
- India and China ask border envoys to work on more steps
- Former Ranji player among 3 more held