High profile B-town celebs tie the knot in 2012
- IPL spot-fixing: Chennai Super Kings owner's kin under police scanner
- BJP tears into UPA govt on 4th anniversary, says it lacks leadership
- Jessica Lal murder: Actor Shayan Munshi, ballistic expert Manocha to face perjury trial
- India seeks access from US to 26/11 terror convicts Headley, Rana
- BSE Sensex falls 49 pts, Larsen & Toubro Limited shares hit by Q4 data
The year 2012 saw a number of film stars dumping bachelorhood for good, right from Riteish Deshmukh-Genelia D'Souza to Kareena Kapoor-Saif Ali Khan in high profile wedding ceremonies attended by prominent celebrities.
The Saif-Kareena wedding was undoubtedly the most-awaited and had the media on its toes through the five-day celebrations, which were an amalgamation of Nawabi charm and Bollywood style.
The couple tied the knot on October 16 after five years of courtship. Celebrations began with a sangeet at Kareena's place, followed by a sit-down dinner at a Mumbai hotel the next day.
The marriage was registered at Saif's Bandra residence, followed by an exchange of vows at a wedding party that same evening, which saw the who's who of Bollywood attending.
Being one of the sought after actresses of Bollywood, every detail about Kareena's wedding, from her trousseau to her decision to not change her religion, made news.
The bride wore a traditional gharara belonging to her mother-in-law Sharmila Tagore and made up-to-date for the occasion. She later changed into a champagne outfit by Manish Malhotra. Groom Saif wore a brocade achkan by designer Raghavendra Rathore.
Curtains came down on their wedding celebrations with a high profile royal-themed reception in Delhi, attended by political bigwigs.
Riteish and Genelia tied the knot pretty early in the year. They had a traditional Marathi wedding at a Mumbai hotel on February 3 with the Bollywood glitterati attending, followed by a church wedding the next day.
The actress had a Goan traditional pre-wedding function 'Umbracha Pani' before the marriage, with photos showing her enjoying to the fullest in traditional garb with her family members. In the ceremony, women of the family wear knee-length sarees and go dancing to a well to draw water.
Their reception was attended by big names both from the world of movies and politics. Actress Hema Malini's daughter Esha Deol married her businessman beau Bharat Takhtani in traditional South Indian style at Isckon temple in Mumbai on June 29.
- Fixing probe now reaches Bollywood, son of Dara Singh held
- BCCI cashes Pune Warriors guarantee, 'disgusted' Sahara walks out of IPL
- Sreesanth spent Rs 1.95L on clothes, bought friend BlackBerry, paid in cash: Police
- Delhi firm with MoD as client is linked to Pak cyberattacks
- After Infosys, iGATE sacks Phaneesh Murthy for sexual misconduct
- 2 weeks after harassment, Haryana schoolgirls return, cops in tow