Higher taxes on super rich 'politically' correct move: Azim Premji
- Rs 20L seized from Ajit Chandila relative's home, another ex-cricketer held
- India and China ask SRs to work on more border steps
- Can't charge man with rape over consensual sex even if marriage eludes: Supreme Court
- Saudi Arabian authorities refuse to accept new Indian passports
- FIR filed against Facebook for not discontinuing hate page
The US legislation proposes to hike tax rates on individual earning more than USD 400,000 per year, and on couple earning more than USD 450,000.
Speaking to another television channel, Premji said it should be left to the Reserve Bank to decide on who should enter the banking space.
"There can be a non-corporate who can get into banking. But it is not clear who will be issued the new bank licenses," he said when asked whether the corporates should be allowed to set up banks.
RBI is in the process of finalising the guidelines for issuing new bank licences.
- Former Ranji player among 3 more held
- Rajasthan Royals to file FIR against tainted trio
- If found guilty, BCCI to ask ICC to erase Sreesanth records
- Top cops among 42 named in death of blast accused
- Manmohan-Li talks: PM takes tough line on incursion issue
- Security forces blame Maoists, villagers say CoBRA man was killed in 'friendly fire'