Hillary Clinton is the people's choice for 2016 Prez bid: poll
At 66 percent favourable, Clinton is as high as she has ever been in terms of public perceptions.
She was about as well regarded earlier this year, with the numbers topping her most popular periods of the late 1990s.
The new data represent a clear turnaround from April 2008, when her just 44 per cent of Americans expressed favourable opinions, a low-point from that campaign.
The survey ignited intense new speculation about Clinton's future after she steps down as the nation's top diplomat early next year.
Clinton has said she wants to rest after four years heading the State Department, and visiting more than 100 countries, but key Democrats expect her to take a serious look at running for the White House.
- Fixing probe now reaches Bollywood, son of Dara Singh held
- BCCI cashes Pune guarantee, Sahara walks out of IPL
- 'Sree spent Rs 1.95L on clothes, bought friend BlackBerry'
- Delhi firm with MoD as client is linked to Pak cyberattacks
- After Infosys, iGATE sacks Phaneesh Murthy for sexual misconduct
- 2 weeks after harassment, Haryana schoolgirls return, cops in tow