Himachal nursing student found dead in hostel
- Trouble mounts for Sreesanth as Mumbai cops gather more evidence
- SIT to seek Supreme Court guidance on Maya Kodnani death penalty issue
- Tamil Nadu police bans Yasin Malik-linked pro-Eelam public meeting
- Kings XI Punjab end IPL 2013 campaign with a win
- Narendra Modi: India losing sheen as agricultural nation
A nursing student was found dead under mysterious circumstances at her hostel room on Saturday evening. According to the Investigating Officer Ajaib Singh, Babita Rana (23), a student of Sri Sukhmani College of Nursing in Dera Bassi, was found hanging from the ceiling fan of her hostel room at around 5 pm on Saturday.
Her hostel mates told police that Babita had breakfast after which, nobody saw her in the hostel.
In the evening, her hostel mates tried to call her out of the room, when they saw her hanging and informed the hostel warden who in turn called the police. Babita's body has been sent for a postmortem at Civil Hospital, Dera Bassi. Police said she belonged to Himachal Pradesh.
- Quake-hit and shaken, Bhaderwah spends nights in the open
- UP blast accused dies on way to jail, govt wanted to drop case against him
- Former civil aviation secy changes mind, seeks airport security exemption as EC
- BCCI suspects Gujarat players in other teams were also approached
- Police on money trail, Sreesanth in fresh trouble
- Chhattisgarh 'encounter' leaves 8 villagers dead, no Maoist link yet