Hindustan FC start with win
- IPL spot-fixing case: Net widens, police watching 3 more players, other bookies
- IPL 2013: Imperious Brad Hodge powers Rajasthan Royals to qualifier
- Sonia Gandhi, PM Manmohan Singh slam BJP for disrupting Parliament, stalling bills
- IPL spot-fixing: 'Bookie' Vindoo was close to BCCI chief's son-in-law, say cops
- Jessica Lall case: Shayan Munshi to face perjury trial
Football Club defeated New Delhi Heroes 5-2 in Group A preliminary league match on the opening day of the DSA Senior Division Open League on Tuesday.
Nigerian Kuka (23rd and 28th) and Mahender Kumar (44th and 52nd) each struck twice while Jitender (66th minute) found the target once for Hindustan. Nigerian recruit Hafiz scored for New Delhi Heroes in the 62nd and 77th minutes at the DDA Netaji Subhash Sports Complex, Jasola.
In another match at CWG Sports Complex, Akshardham, Ahbab Football Club scored a solitary goal victory over spirited Shimla Youngs. The match-winning goal came in 15th minute when Nigerian Festus converted a penalty-kick awarded following handling of the ball by defender Digvijay Singh inside the box.
In another match of Group A at CWG Complex, newly promoted Goodwill FC came from behind to held formidable Garhwal Heroes FC to a 1-1 draw. Garhwal Heroes took 1-0 lead in the 53rd minute through striker Kamal Rawat who nicely headed home off a cross from Nitesh Chikkara. Goodwill restored parity through Balbir in 85th minute.
- Fixing probe now reaches Bollywood, son of Dara Singh held
- BCCI cashes Pune Warriors guarantee, 'disgusted' Sahara walks out of IPL
- Sreesanth spent Rs 1.95L on clothes, bought friend BlackBerry, paid in cash: Police
- Delhi firm with MoD as client is linked to Pak cyberattacks
- After Infosys, iGATE sacks Phaneesh Murthy for sexual misconduct
- 2 weeks after harassment, Haryana schoolgirls return, cops in tow