HJC-BJP alliance strong, say Gadkari, Swaraj
- Rs 20L seized from Ajit Chandila relative's home, another ex-cricketer held
- India and China ask SRs to work on more border steps
- Can't charge man with rape over consensual sex even if marriage eludes: Supreme Court
- Saudi Arabian authorities refuse to accept new Indian passports
- FIR filed against Facebook for not discontinuing hate page
Top BJP leaders Nitin Gadkari and Sushma Swaraj today said the BJP-Haryana Janhit Congress (BL) alliance in Haryana was as firm as a rock and was here to stay.
In the event of the alliance coming to power in the state in the next assembly election, HJC chief Kuldeep Bishnoi would be the Chief Minister for first two-and-a-half-year, the two leaders said
BJP president Gadkari and senior leader Swaraj told the HJC foundation day rally here that the alliance was as firm as a rock.
Swaraj said all issues that could destablise a coalition were carefully resolved at the time of BJP-HJC joining hands in 2011.
"These include the question of leadership while forming government and division of Lok Sabha and assembly seats among the partners. Therefore, there is no scope of the alliance breaking on any such issue," she said.
Attacking the Congress-led UPA government at the Centre, Gadkari said the only things the current dispensation had given to the people were unemployment, inflation and rising poverty.
Swaraj lashed out at the Congress-led government in Haryana alleging the law and order had worsened in the state.
"The daughters of Haryana are not safe and secure under the present dispensation," she said.
- Former Ranji player among 3 more held
- Rajasthan Royals to file FIR against tainted trio
- If found guilty, BCCI to ask ICC to erase Sreesanth records
- Top cops among 42 named in death of blast accused
- Manmohan-Li talks: PM takes tough line on incursion issue
- Security forces blame Maoists, villagers say CoBRA man was killed in 'friendly fire'