Hockey: Indian eves leave for Bangkok to compete in Jr Asia Cup
Ritu Rani-led Indian junior women's hockey team today left for Bangkok to participate in the sixth Junior Women Asia Cup to be held from June 27 to July 7.
The tournament is a qualifier for next year's FIH Junior Women World Cup.
Poonam Rani will be Ritu's deputy in the 18-member squad that aims to improve on its he bronze medal showing in the fifth edition of the tournament in Kuala Lumpur in 2008.
India has been placed in pool A along side China, Malaysia, Singapore and Sri Lanka while Korea, Japan, Kazakhstan, Pakistan and host Thailand complete pool B.
India will play its opening match against Sri Lanka on June 27 followed by matches against Singapore (June 28), China (July 2) and Malaysia (July 3).
Goalkeepers: Sukhmani Virk and Bigan Soy.
Defenders: Pinki Devi, Deep Grace Ekka and Manjeet Kaur.
Midfielders: P Sushila Chanu, Nikki Pradhan, Monika Malik, Namita Toppo, Kiran Dahiya and Ritu Rani (captain).
Forwards: Poonam Rani (vice-captain), Vandana Katariya, Lilima Minz, Anupa Barla, Navneet Kaur, Navjot Kaur Sr and M Lily Chanu.
Coaches: N S Saini and Pritam Siwach.
Manager: Rekha Bhide.
Doctor: Kamlesh Kumar Meena.
Physiotherapist: Gaurav Mehra.
- Destitute, orphan students outclass rest in Andhra Class 10 exams
- To re-energise ties, PM wants to visit US, waits for confirmation
- NIA court says no terror link, frees 'Hizbul militant' Liyaqat on bail
- CBI arrests its coal allotments investigator on bribery charge
- ‘Cricketer-bookie Amit may have used Jiju to reach Sree’
- BCCI chief N Srinivasan says police must prove spot-fixing allegations