Hockey meet from tomorrow
- Spot-fixing: Petition in SC seeks stay on IPL matches, seeks SIT probe
- India, China call for end to incursion issue, sign 8 deals to boost ties
- Sanjay Dutt spends restless nights as officials yet to decide on his jail
- Aarushi murder case: Rajesh Talwar claims he was asleep when killings took place
- Railgate: BJP protests against CBI DIG for shielding Pawan Bansal
Chandigarh:The 42nd SN Vohra All India Gurmit Memorial hockey tournament, organised by the Rock Rovers Hockey Club, would be held from December 24 to 30 at Sector 42 Hockey Stadium. Top teams from the country -IOC, ONGC, Punjab and Sind Bank, Punjab Police, Western Railway, Northern Railway, RCF Kapurthala, PNB New Delhi, IAF, Corps of Signals, EME, ITBP, CISF, PSEB, Ropar Hawks, Surjeet Academy and CFHA-will take part in the event. The teams have been divided into four pools. Last year finalists-IOC and PSB along with ONGC and PNB- have been directly seeded into the quarterfinal. The winners of the tournament will win a cash prize of Rs 75, 000 and the runners-up will get richer by Rs 50, 000. The late Dr BL Gupta fair play award will be awarded to the most disciplined team. The inaugural match will be played between PSEB and Signals while Ropar Hawks will face CISF.
Kalyani, Mayank clinch titles
Chandigarh:Kalyani (SD College) and Mayank (DAV Public School) won the under-18 girls and boys' singles titles respectively in the 25th Chandigarh State table tennis championship for Gurmit Singh Grewal Memorial Trophy at Sector 23 Table Tennis Hall. Dev Saini (DAV College) and Naina Suri(SD College) claimed the Youth boys and girls' singles (u-21) titles, respectively.
Ryan 'A' enter roller hockey final
Chandigarh:Ryan International A team thrashed AKSIPS 15-1 in a lop-sided roller hockey semi-final encounter in sub-junior category in the Chandigarh State roller skating championship at KB DAV School in Sector 7. In another match, Ryan B defeated Roller Bones 6-1. In the sub-junior girl's section, Ryan A outplayed AKSIPS 7-0. In the senior men, Five Hard Ball Club prevailed over Chandigarh White 5-4 in a roller hockey match. In the rink race events, the winners were Vedansh (u-6 boys), Kartil (boys 6-8), Yana (girls 6-8), Sudhanshu (boys 14-16), K Hansa (girls 14-16), Darshvinder (girls above 16), Vanshika (girls 10-12), Pranshu (boys 10-12), Mohit (boys 12-14) and Manvi (girls 12-14).
- Former Ranji player among 3 more held
- Rajasthan Royals to file FIR against tainted trio
- If found guilty, BCCI to ask ICC to erase Sreesanth records
- Top cops among 42 named in death of blast accused
- Manmohan-Li talks: PM takes tough line on incursion issue
- Security forces blame Maoists, villagers say CoBRA man was killed in 'friendly fire'