Hooda on announcement spree, fails to realise most ‘non-feasible’
- IPL spot-fixing case: Actor Vindoo Dara Singh arrested
- IPL 2013: Final No.5 for MS Dhoni-led Chennai Super Kings
- Pune Warriors withdraw from IPL, 'disgusted' by BCCI's attitude
- IPL spot fixing: Accused Sreesanth claims innocence
- Li Keqiang visits TCS, Cyrus P Mistry says China important for growth of Tata Group
The 'benevolent' Chief Minister of Haryana, Bhupinder Singh Hooda, makes 'generous' announcements to woo voters at the drop of a hat without realising that several of them have never seen the light of day. Various state government departments, after examining the proposals, had been shooting down Hooda's announcements as "not-feasible". Only 20 per cent announcements in the last three years have fructified, including those for which funds were released from his discretionary quota.
In his second term as the CM, Hooda made over 1,800 announcements in various parts of Haryana, of which around 40 per cent are either awaiting basic approvals (around 30 per cent in pending category) or have already been shot-down (around 10 per cent in non-feasible category).
Also, while Hooda had been claiming that Haryana had seen an 'unprecedented development' during his tenure as CM, another 40 per cent of the announcements made by Hooda in public, were still figuring in the category of 'in progress' and might take another couple of years before such announcements are finally commissioned. However, when it comes to giving grants from his discretionary fund, all such announcements made by Hooda have already been 'commissioned'.
The Indian Express is in possession of documents running into 417 pages, which mentions the announcements made by Hooda in various districts of Haryana in the past three years. Majority of Hooda's announcements pertain to the Department of Agriculture. Out of around 275 announcements, at least 44 were shot down by the Agriculture Department; while 111 are pending, with majority yet to await proposals or approvals for feasibility. Over a 100 announcements were made by the Chief Minister, announcing financial grants to various establishments, including Gaushalas, Bar associations and institutions, and the CM's Secretariat Department acknowledged all the announcements and completed these promptly.
Hooda had been claiming for long that his ultimate goal was to make Haryana an educational hub. However, according to the documents in possession of The Indian Express, Hooda made around 188 announcements pertaining to the Education Department (from April 1, 2009 to June 5, 2012); out of which 46 have already been shot-down by the department, while 93 such announcements are pending. The remaining are either 'in progress' and a very few have already been 'commissioned'.
- 'Sophisticated' Indian cyberattacks targeted Pak military sites: Report
- Talkative Li quoted Weber, Hegel, Jobs, said PM is large-hearted
- Bihar food corp ends up with chaff as rice worth Rs 535 cr vanishes from mills
- In 7 lucrative minutes on May 9, Sreesanth bowled 6 balls, bookie made Rs 2.5 cr
- India and China ask border envoys to work on more steps
- Former Ranji player among 3 more held