Hope 11 nominations prove lucky for 'Life of Pi': Irrfan
- IPL spot-fixing case: Net widens, police watching 3 more players, other bookies
- IPL 2013: Imperious Brad Hodge powers Rajasthan Royals to qualifier
- Sonia Gandhi, PM Manmohan Singh slam BJP for disrupting Parliament, stalling bills
- IPL spot-fixing: 'Bookie' Vindoo was close to BCCI chief's son-in-law, say cops
- Jessica Lall case: Shayan Munshi to face perjury trial
Actor Irrfan Khan, who played the role of grown-up Pi in the Ang Lee-directed Hollywood film 'Life of Pi', is happy that the film has got eleven Oscar nominations and hopes the number proves lucky.
"It is good that we got so many nominations, we are happy. I think 11 is a good and lucky number. Let's hope for the best," Irrfan told reporters here last night.
The Academy awards ceremony will take place in Los Angeles on February 24.
Irrfan played the role of the adult Piscine Molitor Patel, known as Pi, in the movie. Oscar-winning director Lee shot the 3D film in places like Munnar and Pondicherry in south India for his adventure-drama.
Lee chose Delhi student Suraj Sharma to play the role of young Pi in the film, which is later on essayed by Irrfan. Noted Indian actors Tabu and Adil Hussain also have key roles in the movie.
- Paddy shortfall blamed for mystery death of procurement officer
- 'Bookie' Vindoo was close to BCCI chief’s son-in-law: cops
- Net widens, police watching three more players, new set of bookies
- Suspected Islamists behead soldier on London street
- Malegaon 2006 case: NIA names four right wing terror suspects
- BJP invokes 'sarcasm, ridicule' against PM