Hope 11 nominations prove lucky for 'Life of Pi': Irrfan
- IPL spot-fixing case: Actor Vindoo Dara Singh arrested in Mumbai
- IPL 2013 LIVE SCORE: Mumbai Indians vs Chennai Super Kings
- Just in: Pune Warriors withdraw from the Indian Premier League
- Li Keqiang pitches for more Chinese investments as he backs trade balance
- Supreme Court rules out ban on IPL matches, slams BCCI over spot-fixing
Actor Irrfan Khan, who played the role of grown-up Pi in the Ang Lee-directed Hollywood film 'Life of Pi', is happy that the film has got eleven Oscar nominations and hopes the number proves lucky.
"It is good that we got so many nominations, we are happy. I think 11 is a good and lucky number. Let's hope for the best," Irrfan told reporters here last night.
The Academy awards ceremony will take place in Los Angeles on February 24.
Irrfan played the role of the adult Piscine Molitor Patel, known as Pi, in the movie. Oscar-winning director Lee shot the 3D film in places like Munnar and Pondicherry in south India for his adventure-drama.
Lee chose Delhi student Suraj Sharma to play the role of young Pi in the film, which is later on essayed by Irrfan. Noted Indian actors Tabu and Adil Hussain also have key roles in the movie.
- 'Sophisticated' Indian cyberattacks targeted Pak military sites: Report
- Talkative Li quoted Weber, Hegel, Jobs, said PM is large-hearted
- Bihar food corp ends up with chaff as rice worth Rs 535 cr vanishes from mills
- In 7 lucrative minutes on May 9, Sreesanth bowled 6 balls, bookie made Rs 2.5 cr
- India and China ask border envoys to work on more steps
- Former Ranji player among 3 more held