Hospital shocker: Doctors bargain over cash as woman lies cut up on operating table
- Trouble mounts for Sreesanth as Mumbai cops gather more evidence
- SIT to seek Supreme Court guidance on Maya Kodnani death penalty issue
- Tamil Nadu police bans Yasin Malik-linked pro-Eelam public meeting
- Kings XI Punjab end IPL 2013 campaign with a win
- Narendra Modi: India losing sheen as agricultural nation
A 30-year-old woman died of alleged medical negligence while undergoing treatment at a private hospital here, where doctors bargained for cash as the helpless patient gradually died, police said today.
According to a complaint filed with MIG police station here by the deceased\'s father Om Prakash Biyani, his daughter Archana, suffered from uterine fibroid, police said.
He alleged that when the doctors started performing surgery on her abdomen, they came to know that the woman had a big size fibroid and told her family members that Rs six lakhs would be required for the procedure.
The woman\'s father further alleged that since the family was unable to pay the required fees immediately, the doctors shifted her to a ward without removing the fibroid, following which she succumbed at the hospital late last night.
Later, the angry family members also staged a protest on the hospital campus and demanded action against the negligent doctors.
A team of doctors at MY Hospital was conducting postmortem to ascertain the cause of death of the woman, Superintendent of Police (East) O P Tripathi said.
Appropriate action, if required, would be taken in the case based on the postmortem report, he added.
When contacted, the private hospital did not comment on the matter.
- Quake-hit and shaken, Bhaderwah spends nights in the open
- UP blast accused dies on way to jail, govt wanted to drop case against him
- Former civil aviation secy changes mind, seeks airport security exemption as EC
- BCCI suspects Gujarat players in other teams were also approached
- Police on money trail, Sreesanth in fresh trouble
- Chhattisgarh 'encounter' leaves 8 villagers dead, no Maoist link yet