Hosts St Soldier-28 enter semifinals
- IPL spot-fixing case: Delhi Police to trace money trail in four cities
- PM-level talks: India to convey concerns over Ladakh incursion to Chinese Premier
- IPL 2013 LIVE SCORE: Kings XI Punjab vs Mumbai Indians
- Rajapaksa slams Tamil diaspora for lack of support in reconciliation process
- Karnataka CM Siddaramaiah inducts 28 ministers, keeps tainted away
Norboo and Abhijeet were right on target, as hosts St Soldier School, Sector 28, entered the semi-finals of the CBSE Cluster XIII football tournament, after hammering JP World, Jammu, 4-0, at St Soldier School, Sector 28, on Saturday.
Norboo and Abhijeet gave a dream start to the hosts by scoring in the first five minutes of the match. Pouncing on loose ball, both the players showed remarkable skills in front of the goal. Foxing several defenders, both of them managed to score brilliant goals to put the top on top.
The hosts did not look back after these two goals, as their players showed brilliant coordination between themselves. Slowly growing in confidence, the players made number of forays into the opposition territory and threatened to score everytime they went all attacking.
The Jammu team, on the other hand, also tried to break free from the shackles and surge into the opposition territory but their plans were thwarted by alert St Soldier defenders.
Vishvjeet and Sumit Randhawa, meanwhile, scored a goal each to pile on more agony on the visiting team.
In another match, Border Security Force, Jammu beat Shishu Niketan School, Sector 22, Chandigarh, 6-3 in the tie-breaker after the match ended in a draw. Ankit, Parveen, Arjun, Rakesh and Kaushal netted a goal each for the winning team.
At the Sector 17 Football Stadium, APS Chandimandir registered a narrow 2-1 victory over APS Daghshai. Tsewang's strike in the 36th minute opened the account for APS Chandimandir while Rohit doubled the lead just six minutes later through a superb finish. In another match played at the same stadium, DAV School, Sector 8, thrashed Delhi Public School, Srinagar 3-0. Sonu was the architect for team's win as he netted a hat-trick to single-handedly take the team to victory.
- Destitute, orphan students outclass rest in Andhra Class 10 exams
- To re-energise ties, PM wants to visit US, waits for confirmation
- NIA court says no terror link, frees 'Hizbul militant' Liyaqat on bail
- CBI arrests its coal allotments investigator on bribery charge
- ‘Cricketer-bookie Amit may have used Jiju to reach Sree’
- BCCI chief N Srinivasan says police must prove spot-fixing allegations