House, vehicles set on fire
- Spot-fixing: Chandila was in touch with four sets of bookies, says Delhi Police
- Chinese Premier Li Keqiang arrives, to hold talks with PM on boundary, water issues
- IPL 2013: Delhi Daredevils crash to defeat, finish last
- Jaganmohan's wife attacks CBI, accuses it of working at Congress behest
- Blast accused death: UP govt seeks CBI probe, FIR against 42 persons
Unidentified persons set on fire a house, a motorcycle and a four wheeler at Khadak Mangolia area of Panchkula late Monday night.
According to police some people burnt the house at Khadak Mangolia opposite Sector 1 in the city and later also set fire to the motorcycle and a four-wheeler.
The house was of one Pappu, a resident of Uttar Pradesh (UP), police said, adding that the motorcycle and the four-wheeler that were parked at a distance from the house were of one Madan who also hails from the UP.
Both of them have been living in the area for some time and police is investigating personal enmity as one of the causes of the fire.
Police said that noone was injured in the incident and Pappu was not living in the house. The incident happened at around 12.30 am on Tuesday, officials said, adding that the fire was doused by the local residents after it came to their notice.
Local resident, Suman Sood, said that people raised an alarm about the fire late in the night. "We initially thought that the vehicles parked outside my house had been burnt. Later it came to our knowledge that the fire incident was at some other place," she said. Sood said that she called the police control room (PCR) and informed the police about the incident.
Police said that the investigations in the case have been started. Local residents said that the motorcycle and four-wheeler that were set on fire were parked at a distance from the house of Pappu in another lane.
"We are investigating the case but as of now it has come to our notice that it has been the handiwork of some miscreants and we are also probing the angle of personal enmity for the cause of accident," said a police official.
- Former Ranji player among 3 more held
- Rajasthan Royals to file FIR against tainted trio
- If found guilty, BCCI to ask ICC to erase Sreesanth records
- Top cops among 42 named in death of blast accused
- PM takes tough line on incursion issue
- Security forces blame Maoists, villagers say CoBRA man was killed in ‘friendly fire’