How FDI Bill linked to one on quota in promotions
- Trouble mounts for Sreesanth as Mumbai cops gather more evidence
- SIT to seek Supreme Court guidance on Maya Kodnani death penalty issue
- Tamil Nadu police bans Yasin Malik-linked pro-Eelam public meeting
- Kings XI Punjab end IPL 2013 campaign with a win
- Narendra Modi: India losing sheen as agricultural nation
The Congress is looking for a way by which it can retain the support of both parties, which could range from convincing the BSP to limit itself to grandstanding and reap consequent benefits to prodding the SP with some slight give-and-take to accept a discussion.
If it's able to achieve this, a 184 or a 193 discussion on FDI in retail would be immaterial.
Pranab is deputy editor based in Delhi
- Quake-hit and shaken, Bhaderwah spends nights in the open
- UP blast accused dies on way to jail, govt wanted to drop case against him
- Former civil aviation secy changes mind, seeks airport security exemption as EC
- BCCI suspects Gujarat players in other teams were also approached
- Police on money trail, Sreesanth in fresh trouble
- Chhattisgarh 'encounter' leaves 8 villagers dead, no Maoist link yet