How much is spent on the security of public persons, SC asks Centre, states
- Spot-fixing: Chandila was in touch with four sets of bookies, says Delhi Police
- Chinese Premier Li Keqiang arrives, to hold talks with PM on boundary, water issues
- IPL 2013: Delhi Daredevils crash to defeat, finish last
- Jaganmohan's wife attacks CBI, accuses it of working at Congress behest
- Blast accused death: UP govt seeks CBI probe, FIR against 42 persons
The Supreme Court has asked the Union and state governments to give details of
the money spent on security of public persons except those who are constitutional functionaries.
The apex court has also sought details of security provided to people against whom criminal charges are pending.
The Indian Express has reported extensively on what is unfolding as corrupt practices in the procurement of 12 VVIP choppers from Italy to ferry VVIPs across country.
- Former Ranji player among 3 more held
- Rajasthan Royals to file FIR against tainted trio
- If found guilty, BCCI to ask ICC to erase Sreesanth records
- Top cops among 42 named in death of blast accused
- PM takes tough line on incursion issue
- Security forces blame Maoists, villagers say CoBRA man was killed in ‘friendly fire’