Hu steps down, stamps legacy on party
- Anti-corruption unit will now monitor access to players: BCCI
- Counter-terrorism to top Indo-US Security dialogue agenda: Sushilkumar Shinde
- IPL 2013 LIVE SCORE: Pune Warriors vs Delhi Daredevils
- Chinese Premier Li Keqiang arrives today, PM to seek early revival of border talks
- Telangana very much part of UPA national agenda: P C Chacko
In his opening address of the Congress on November 8, Hu warned that China would collapse of corruption in the party is not curtailed.
Woman 'princeling' may break into all-male club of party
A Chinese woman "princeling" Liu Yandong appears to have a fair chance to get elected to the top echelons of the ruling Communist Party, which hitherto remained an exclusive domain of male leaders, after she was on Wednesday elected to the Party's top policy body.
Liu 67, a well connected princeling and outgoing Politburo member in charge of health, education, science and sports and previously part of a policy body in-charge of Tibet could get selected for all powerful nine-member Standing Committee which would be unveiled on Thursday.
State-run Xinhua news agency flashed her name prominently, sparking expectations that she could be first woman leader to make it to China's highest policy making body.
Liu is the only woman in China's 25-member strong politburo. Many party watchers say that she has a good chance to get into the exclusive leadership club to create history.
China unveils stealth bomber at airshow
EYEING the international market, China on Wednesday for the first time displayed its new radar-evading stealth fighter jet at the country's annual air show, where it also unveiled an unmanned drone for public view.
The J-31 stealth fighter "eyes international market", a report in the state-run Global Times said.
For many spectators at the air show in Zhuhai, the most eye-catching exhibit was the large-scale model of China's second stealth fighter dubbed as the J-31, which made its maiden flight on October 31, Global Times said.
This is the first time China has unveiled its stealth aircraft for public. Earlier only photos and videos were circulated.
China also unveiled its unmanned plane Wing Loong, designed by the Aviation Industry Corporation of China (AVIC) at the air show.
- Quake-hit and shaken, Bhaderwah spends nights in the open
- UP blast accused dies on way to jail, govt wanted to drop case against him
- Former civil aviation secy changes mind, seeks airport security exemption as EC
- BCCI suspects Gujarat players in other teams were also approached
- Police on money trail, Sreesanth in fresh trouble
- Chhattisgarh 'encounter' leaves 8 villagers dead, no Maoist link yet