Hugo Chavez was poisoned by dark forces: Nicolas Maduro
- India to convey concerns over Ladakh incursion to Chinese Premier
- IPL spot-fixing case: Delhi Police to trace money trail in four cities
- IPL 2013 LIVE SCORE: Mumbai Indians bowl, Sachin Tendulkar misses out
- Rajapaksa slams Tamil diaspora for lack of support in reconciliation process
- 5 differently abled orphan girls beaten, raped in Jaipur residential school
The Venezuelan government has announced that they will work with 'the world's best scientists' to investigate whether former president Hugo Chavez had been poisoned.
Venezuelan government officials said that there was a possibility that someone may have deliberately infected him with cancer.
Vice President Nicolas Maduro, in an interview with the Telesur network, implied that the United States could have been behind such an attack on Chavez, an accusation that the State Department has denied.
According to CNN, he said that they have an intuition that Chavez was poisoned by dark forces that wanted to be rid of him.
Maduro pointed out that in the 1940s and 1950s, the United States and other countries had "scientific laboratories testing how to cause cancer."
Maduro, however, stressed that he was not accusing the United States, the report added.
- Destitute, orphan students outclass rest in Andhra Class 10 exams
- To re-energise ties, PM wants to visit US, waits for confirmation
- NIA court says no terror link, frees 'Hizbul militant' Liyaqat on bail
- CBI arrests its coal allotments investigator on bribery charge
- ‘Cricketer-bookie Amit may have used Jiju to reach Sree’
- BCCI chief N Srinivasan says police must prove spot-fixing allegations