‘Humiliated’ by cop, Andhra man killed 3 bus passengers
- IPL spot-fixing case: Actor Vindoo Dara Singh arrested in Mumbai
- IPL 2013 LIVE SCORE: Chennai Super Kings bat, Sachin Tendulkar still out
- Pune Warriors withdraw from IPL, 'disgusted' by BCCI's attitude
- IPL spot fixing: How Sreesanth splurged money on girlfriend
- Li Keqiang visits TCS, Cyrus P Mistry says China important for growth of Tata Group
The Nellore police on Sunday arrested a man who confessed to the killing of three passengers on a bus on July 26.
G Srinivasulu (32) told the police that he had no enmity with the passengers he killed, but committed the crime to avenge the humiliation he suffered at the hands of a sub-inspector.
SI Srinivas Reddy had arrested Srinivasulu in 2010 after a girl lodged a complaint against him. At that time the SI was posted at Nellore district. Srinivasulu spent 20 days in jail in that case. Nellore SP B Ramana Kumar said they cracked the case after tracking down a catch-me-if-you-can kind of text message that Reddy received on his mobile phone on July 16.
"The sender challenged the SI to catch him if he could. Since police officers routinely receive threats, the SI dismissed it but did not delete it. Four days after this incident, he informed me, and we decided to pursue it," the SP said.
The police said that Srinivasulu initially worked in a pharma company here and his wife divorced him after filing a complaint of harassment in 2009. Following this, he lost his job. He took up another job where he met a girl whom he wanted to marry, but the girl declined. "She lodged a complaint and Reddy arrested him. He again lost his job. During interrogation he told us that it was the SI's fault and that he should have understood his love for the girl,'' said Deputy SP Suresh Kumar.
"He shifted to Vijaywada. Then he called up police stations in Nellore district to find out where Reddy was posted and sent him a message using somebody else's phone on August 14. When he found out that Reddy was posted in Tada, he did a reccee of buses and trains that passed through. He found out that Chennai-bound buses halted at Nellore. He decided that an attack in a bus was the best option which would also guarantee his escape," the DSP said.
- 'Sophisticated' Indian cyberattacks targeted Pak military sites: Report
- Talkative Li quoted Weber, Hegel, Jobs, said PM is large-hearted
- Bihar food corp ends up with chaff as rice worth Rs 535 cr vanishes from mills
- In 7 lucrative minutes on May 9, Sreesanth bowled 6 balls, bookie made Rs 2.5 cr
- India and China ask border envoys to work on more steps
- Former Ranji player among 3 more held