Hurriyat hardliner put under house arrest
- IPL spot-fixing case: Actor Vindoo Dara Singh arrested
- IPL 2013: Final No.5 for MS Dhoni-led Chennai Super Kings
- Pune Warriors withdraw from IPL, 'disgusted' by BCCI's attitude
- IPL spot fixing: Accused Sreesanth claims innocence
- Li Keqiang visits TCS, Cyrus P Mistry says China important for growth of Tata Group
TheJ-K government has put Hurriyat hardliner Mohammad Ashraf Sehrai under house arrest on Tuesday. Sehrai, the acting chairman of the hardline faction of the separatist conglomerate in absence of chairman Syed Ali Shah Geelani, has accused the government of jamming all his mobile services.
A contingent of J-K Police arrived at Sehrai's residence and informed him of the house arrest.
A Hurriyat spokesman Dr Ghulam Mohammad Ganai said police installed a signal jammer outside his house thus "disconnecting the Hurriyat leader from rest of the world". The move is primarily to prevent Sehrai from issuing protest calendars in wake of the hanging of Afzal Guru, said police sources.
- 'Sophisticated' Indian cyberattacks targeted Pak military sites: Report
- Talkative Li quoted Weber, Hegel, Jobs, said PM is large-hearted
- Bihar food corp ends up with chaff as rice worth Rs 535 cr vanishes from mills
- In 7 lucrative minutes on May 9, Sreesanth bowled 6 balls, bookie made Rs 2.5 cr
- India and China ask border envoys to work on more steps
- Former Ranji player among 3 more held