Husband fires in air to threaten wife, arrested
A resident of Burail has been arrested for threatening his wife with a country-made pistol following a verbal altercation between the two.
Inderjit Singh, 32, fired a shot in the air on Friday night to threaten his wife Sukhwinder Kaur (28), after the two had a quarrel.
"Last night around 10 pm, we received a complaint from Kaur that her husband threatened her with a pistol and had fired at a wall at their residence after the two had been fighting. On visiting her residence, we recovered the country made pistol and seven live cartridges and one dead cartridge," said Devinder, Burail Chowki Incharge.
According to the Police, the couple has been married for 5 years now but they did not have a peaceful married life. Reportedly, Kaur had, once earlier, complained of beating by her husband at the Women's Cell, though the two had eventually reached a compromise. Kaur had returned to her parental residence at sector 40, at that time, but later reconciled with her husband.
The accused has been arrested for criminal intimidation and endangering life, along with possessing unlicensed arm under the Arms Act, and has been awarded a two-day police remand.
- Destitute, orphan students outclass rest in Andhra Class 10 exams
- To re-energise ties, PM wants to visit US, waits for confirmation
- NIA court says no terror link, frees 'Hizbul militant' Liyaqat on bail
- CBI arrests its coal allotments investigator on bribery charge
- ‘Cricketer-bookie Amit may have used Jiju to reach Sree’
- BCCI chief N Srinivasan says police must prove spot-fixing allegations