Husband forced me to drink urine: Woman
- Spot-fixing: Petition in SC seeks stay on IPL matches, demands SIT probe
- India, China call for end to incursion issue, sign 8 deals to boost ties
- Sanjay Dutt spends restless nights as officials yet to decide on his jail
- Aarushi murder case: Rajesh Talwar claims he was asleep when killings took place
- Yahoo! says will acquire Tumblr for $1.1 bn, eyes billion visitors mark
Close on the heels of a Class V school girl being made to drink her urine as punishment for bedwetting in West Bengal, a woman here has accused her dentist husband of a similar charge and also sexually abusing her for dowry.
The 26-year-old woman lodged a complaint, alleging that her Udupi-based dentist husband was harassing her for dowry by sexually abusing her and forcing her to drink her own urine, police said.
The couple got married about 11 months back, but the woman is now living separately with her brother, they said, adding that the accused has been arrested on July 12 and is being questioned, they said.
Uma Poddar, a warden of Karabi girls' hostel under Visva-Bharati University in West Bengal, was arrested by police and later suspended by the varsity for compelling a ten-year-old girl student to drink her own urine as a punishment for bed-wetting on July 8. However, the warden was granted bail the next day.
The National Commission for Protection of Child Rights had slapped a notice on the West Bengal government, asking it to probe the matter and submit a report in 10 days.
- Former Ranji player among 3 more held
- Rajasthan Royals to file FIR against tainted trio
- If found guilty, BCCI to ask ICC to erase Sreesanth records
- Top cops among 42 named in death of blast accused
- Manmohan-Li talks: PM takes tough line on incursion issue
- Security forces blame Maoists, villagers say CoBRA man was killed in 'friendly fire'