I am competing with myself: Jhalak finalist Gurmeet
- IPL spot-fixing: Chennai Super Kings owner's kin under police scanner
- BJP tears into UPA govt on 4th anniversary, says it lacks leadership
- Jessica Lal murder: Actor Shayan Munshi, ballistic expert Manocha to face perjury trial
- India seeks access from US to 26/11 terror convicts Headley, Rana
- BSE Sensex falls 49 pts, Larsen & Toubro Limited shares hit by Q4 data
Dance reality show 'Jhalak Dikhla Ja' finalist Gurmeet Choudhary, who is pitted against TV actors Rithvik Dhanjani and Rashmi Desai for the trophy, says he is competing with himself and giving his best for it.
The 28-year-old actor, who wowed audiences with his Mahadev act with choreographer Shampa, says he is quite hopeful about winning the show.
"I have really worked hard for the show as it's tough for me to strike a balance between my daily soap and 'Jhalak'. I made my mark from the very beginning of the show. I am very happy with the kind of experiences I have gone through. I have never competed with anybody and my competition is with myself," said Gurmeet.
The grand finale of the fifth season of the dance reality show is on September 30, where actress Sridevi will appear to promote her new film 'English Vinglish'.
"I have given my 200 per cent for my finale performance. It's a melange of many dance forms. I am quite excited to perform in front of the beautiful Sridevi ji. She is one of my favourite actresses," he said.
Having learnt many new forms like hip-hop or break dance on the show, Gurmeet, who shot to fame with the 2008 TV series 'Ramayan', says they have helped him evolve as an actor but he will not repeat himself in the same avatar.
"I have always tried to do new things in life. I took up Jhalak because coming from a non-dancing background I wanted to learn it. I chose to do the role of Lord Ram when people were not doing mythological roles. In my performances also, I have tried to bring variations each time," he said.
The actor, who has become a household name with his character of Yash in 'Punar Vivah', says he has got many film offers during the show but he refused to divulge any details about them.
- Fixing probe now reaches Bollywood, son of Dara Singh held
- BCCI cashes Pune Warriors guarantee, 'disgusted' Sahara walks out of IPL
- Sreesanth spent Rs 1.95L on clothes, bought friend BlackBerry, paid in cash: Police
- Delhi firm with MoD as client is linked to Pak cyberattacks
- After Infosys, iGATE sacks Phaneesh Murthy for sexual misconduct
- 2 weeks after harassment, Haryana schoolgirls return, cops in tow