I am relieved to do comedy: Megan Fox
- IPL spot-fixing case: Net widens, police watching 3 more players, other bookies
- IPL 2013: Imperious Brad Hodge powers Rajasthan Royals to qualifier
- Sonia Gandhi, PM Manmohan Singh slam BJP for disrupting Parliament, stalling bills
- IPL spot-fixing: 'Bookie' Vindoo was close to BCCI chief's son-in-law, say cops
- Jessica Lall case: Shayan Munshi to face perjury trial
Hollywood actress Megan Fox, who is known for her "sexy action girl" persona, says she is happy to ditch the image for a comic role in Sacha Baron Cohen's "The Dictator".
The 25-year-old says doing a comic act in the film makes her feel relieved, reported Aceshowbiz.
"When I first started acting I was always playing the mean girl, then I was playing these cool, robotic women. I was growing tired of playing those kinds of characters and reinforcing this stereotypes of me and having to play up to that when I was doing interviews.
"Now I feel I can be myself again. It's given me the chance to get away from that sexy, icy image that I've been stuck with. I think the public can relate to me more easily in these kinds of movies," Fox said.
Though she only tackles a minor part in the movie, Fox said that she had a wonderful time working with Sacha Baron Cohen.
"I had a wonderful time. Sacha is very smart and funny. We had a great time working together. I think the audiences are going to love the film," she added.
Fox will be seen playing a stuck-up hooker in the upcoming comedy. Directed by Larry Charles, the film also stars Anna Faris, Ben Kingsley, John C Reilly and Bobby Lee. It will hit the theaters on May 16.
- Paddy shortfall blamed for mystery death of procurement officer
- 'Bookie' Vindoo was close to BCCI chief’s son-in-law: cops
- Net widens, police watching three more players, new set of bookies
- Suspected Islamists behead soldier on London street
- Malegaon 2006 case: NIA names four right wing terror suspects
- BJP invokes 'sarcasm, ridicule' against PM