I believe Netaji died in air crash, those who donít are fantasizing: Daughter
- Trouble mounts for Sreesanth as Mumbai cops gather more evidence
- SIT to seek Supreme Court guidance on Maya Kodnani death penalty issue
- Tamil Nadu police bans Yasin Malik-linked pro-Eelam public meeting
- Kings XI Punjab end IPL 2013 campaign with a win
- Narendra Modi: India losing sheen as agricultural nation
In a candid talk with Sulagna Sengupta, Netaji's daughter speaks about her father's death, govt's apathy and more.
The death of Netaji is still controversial. What are your views on this issue? Shouldn't the controversy be put at rest for good ?
Different people have different ideologies and way of thinking. I don't really know why people are still so concerned about the death of Netaji. There are people who still say that Netaji is alive. What can I say to that? The people who believe he is still alive are fantasizing.
What is your view on Bengal government's initiative in preserving Netaji's work and whether they have offered any help?
I don't know what has been done till date except putting up of some statues. He is a son of Bengal and I think much efforts needs to be taken by the state government to preserve Netaji's work. Our family members at Netaji Research Bhawan are working towards preserving the heritage, but the government has not given enough fund to preserve Netaji's work. We have to get funds from private sources. It is necessary to incorporate some achievements of Netaji in the History syllabus at schools or colleges. I feel such works should have to be incorporated so that students know the life and works of this great leader.
Do you think a holiday on Netaji's birthday is the right way to pay homage to the leader whose mantra was 'action' and not cessation of it ?
If you get a holiday for Gandhi's birthday, why can't you get a holiday for Netaji's birthday? Its the prerogative of individual state governments. Even if there is no holiday, it doesn't matter.
Why are Netaji's papers 'top secret' in his own country even after more than 60 years?
- Quake-hit and shaken, Bhaderwah spends nights in the open
- UP blast accused dies on way to jail, govt wanted to drop case against him
- Former civil aviation secy changes mind, seeks airport security exemption as EC
- BCCI suspects Gujarat players in other teams were also approached
- Police on money trail, Sreesanth in fresh trouble
- Chhattisgarh 'encounter' leaves 8 villagers dead, no Maoist link yet