I can’t fake a song: Rekha Bhardwaj
- Trouble mounts for Sreesanth as Mumbai cops gather more evidence
- SIT to seek Supreme Court guidance on Maya Kodnani death penalty issue
- Tamil Nadu police bans Yasin Malik-linked pro-Eelam public meeting
- Kings XI Punjab end IPL 2013 campaign with a win
- Narendra Modi: India losing sheen as agricultural nation
And that is one of the reasons she is choosy about playback offers too. "The music, the words have to touch me, move me, like AR Rahman's music, or Sajid Wajid's for whom I sang Kaanha and Himesh Reshammiya for whom I rendered Piya jaise laadoo. I can't fake a song." She would like to sing more with music composer Amit Trivedi too.
And her husband Vishal? "Well, the process is easy, but once I am behind the mike, it is tough working with him," she smiles, looking forward to playback in Matru Ki Bijli Ka Mann Dola, Ek Thi Dayan and couple of new music composers.
When not singing, she and Vishal join Gulzar in Bhopal, in an NGO called Aarushi for the challenged. "We work with them, hold workshops, like I do on music and dance.the main thing is that we are taught not to feel sorry for them, instead empower them and treat them as equals."
- Quake-hit and shaken, Bhaderwah spends nights in the open
- UP blast accused dies on way to jail, govt wanted to drop case against him
- Former civil aviation secy changes mind, seeks airport security exemption as EC
- BCCI suspects Gujarat players in other teams were also approached
- Police on money trail, Sreesanth in fresh trouble
- Chhattisgarh 'encounter' leaves 8 villagers dead, no Maoist link yet