I have no political ambitions: Mithun Chakraborty
- Spot-fixing: Chandila was in touch with four sets of bookies, says Delhi Police
- Chinese Premier Li Keqiang arrives, to hold talks with PM on boundary, water issues
- IPL 2013: Delhi Daredevils crash to defeat, finish last
- Jaganmohan's wife attacks CBI, accuses it of working at Congress behest
- Blast accused death: UP govt seeks CBI probe, FIR against 42 persons
Veteran actor Mithun Chakraborty says he has no political ambitions and only wishes to restore the pride of Bengal.
"Let me assert again I have no political ambitions though I had once plunged into politics at a young age," Mithun said.
"But as one from Bengal, I call the young generation to come forward and work towards restoring our pride for their own need, their own benefit. As an actor it is my duty to stand by the people, the poor," said Mithun, who was honoured with th PC Chandra Lifetime award here.
Mithun regretted that his identity as a Bengali was being questioned in some quarters.
"If someone asks me if I am a Bengali, what should be done? Should I present the birth certificate or school leaving papers to prove my credentials as one from Bengal?
"My identity makes me more attached to the well-being of this state, it's people," said the three-time national award winner.
- Quake-hit and shaken, Bhaderwah spends nights in the open
- UP blast accused dies on way to jail, govt wanted to drop case against him
- Former civil aviation secy changes mind, seeks airport security exemption as EC
- BCCI suspects Gujarat players in other teams were also approached
- Police on money trail, Sreesanth in fresh trouble
- Chhattisgarh 'encounter' leaves 8 villagers dead, no Maoist link yet