'I lost my phone inside a cow' among mobile insurance claims
- Spot-fixing: Chandila was in touch with four sets of bookies, says Delhi Police
- Chinese Premier Li Keqiang arrives, to hold talks with PM on boundary, water issues
- IPL 2013: Delhi Daredevils crash to defeat, finish last
- Jaganmohan's wife attacks CBI, accuses it of working at Congress behest
- Blast accused death: UP govt seeks CBI probe, FIR against 42 persons
Do you know anybody who lost his mobile inside a cow or someone who baked her handset into a sponge cake?
The team at a UK-based mobile insurance company has heard it all in some bizarre excuses customers have made to claim insurance in the last twelve months.
The company's list of top ten weirdest mobile insurance claims was topped by a farmer in Devon who claimed his phone had disappeared inside the back end of one of his cows when he'd been using the torch on his mobile while assisting the cow during calving, The Mirror reported.
The phone later made an appearance, but was damaged.
Placed number two on the list was a lady in her early 40s from Nottingham who claimed that she'd baked her phone into a Victoria Sponge she'd been making for her daughter's birthday.
A woman in her 30s claimed she'd been walking her Cocker Spaniel on Barry Island beach, Wales, when a seagull swooped down and took her mobile from her hand.
A 20-year old girl from Bristol claimed the vibration function on her phone had stopped working while she was using it as an adult toy, www.mobileinsurance.co.uk said.
A 40-year-old construction worker said his cellphone had fallen out of his back pocket when he pulled his jeans down before sitting on the toilet. Not realising, he went about his business and flushed the chain.
The phone didn't flush, but underwent serious water damage.
A man in his 30s claimed he'd been filming monkeys from the car window in Longleat Safari Park with his mobile handset when a monkey climbed on the roof and snatched it.
The list also included a couple who lost their phone over the side of their cruise ship while re-enacting the "I'm King of the World!" scene, while trying to take a photo of themselves.
- Quake-hit and shaken, Bhaderwah spends nights in the open
- UP blast accused dies on way to jail, govt wanted to drop case against him
- Former civil aviation secy changes mind, seeks airport security exemption as EC
- BCCI suspects Gujarat players in other teams were also approached
- Police on money trail, Sreesanth in fresh trouble
- Chhattisgarh 'encounter' leaves 8 villagers dead, no Maoist link yet