'I make movies that cater to the family'
- Spot-fixing: Petition in SC seeks stay on IPL matches, demands SIT probe
- India, China call for end to incursion issue, sign 8 deals to boost ties
- Sanjay Dutt spends restless nights as officials yet to decide on his jail
- Aarushi murder case: Rajesh Talwar claims he was asleep when killings took place
- Yahoo! says will acquire Tumblr for $1.1 bn, eyes billion visitors mark
His Heyy Baby was Akshay Kumar's and producer Sajid Nadiadwala's first 50 crore grosser, at 31 crore his Housefull gave Akshay his highest opening, and now Sajid Khan's Housefull 2 has opened at 42 crore, breaking his previous record, that too despite releasing during the IPL. All of Khan's three films have set records in one way or the other, but the director is not surprised.
"If you make a film with pure conviction, it cannot fail, IPL or otherwise, and the audience can sense that. I don't think anything can come between a filmmaker and his audience, and I have proved it not once but thrice," said Khan.
He says that he gives the audience a reason to come to the theatres by making entertaining films. "People buy tickets to have a good time and I give them that. I make movies that cater to every member of the family. That's why none of my films will have double-meaning dialogues, blood or gore. I have made it quite clear that I am not here to please the critics. I am here only to please my audience," said the director, who is currently visiting the theatres to surreptitiously can the audience reaction to his film.
Now that he has three hits to his credit, is he nervous about his next? "Not at all. I am the most confident filmmaker of the country. I can never make a flop film," says Sajid, whose next project is the remake of the 1983 blockbuster Himmatwala.
"It's not a remake. Officially my producer Sajid Nadiadwala has bought the rights so that there are no legal issues. The title remains the same, but it will be my version. My hero Ajay Devgn is not going to wear white shoes or dance because his profile is different from Jeetendra's. Once Housefull 2 is declared a blockbuster then I will announce it," said the director, who also has the sequel of Judwaa with Saif Ali Khan on his plate after that.
- Former Ranji player among 3 more held
- Rajasthan Royals to file FIR against tainted trio
- If found guilty, BCCI to ask ICC to erase Sreesanth records
- Top cops among 42 named in death of blast accused
- Manmohan-Li talks: PM takes tough line on incursion issue
- Security forces blame Maoists, villagers say CoBRA man was killed in 'friendly fire'