I share a good rapport with Alastair Cook on the field: Jonathan Trott
- IPL spot-fixing case: Net widens, police watching 3 more players, other bookies
- IPL 2013: Imperious Brad Hodge powers Rajasthan Royals to qualifier
- Sonia Gandhi, PM Manmohan Singh slam BJP for disrupting Parliament, stalling bills
- IPL spot-fixing: 'Bookie' Vindoo was close to BCCI chief's son-in-law, say cops
- Jessica Lall case: Shayan Munshi to face perjury trial
"I just put it down as a freak dismissal. I think if he had put his bat the down and lifted the other way he would have been not out. I think he was trying to do that but got just caught in between," he said.
"It's really disappointing for him and the team to get out in such a way and miss a double hundred."
Asked whether the Indian spin duo of R Ashwin and Pragyan Ojha were less intimidating in the ongoing Test, Trott said, "They are a good pair and bowl well together.We saw in the first Test, they can be a handful. As the ball turns they can be tricky, they are accurate. Perhaps we played (them) a lot better than the last two Tests."
Trott, however, begs to differ with Indian left-arm Pragyan Ojha, who said that there was hardly any assistance for the bowlers from the Eden Gardens strip.
"The second new ball got more bounce from the spinners.
It's a good Test wicket," he said.
"It was quite flat in the first couple of days but now there is little bit of variable bounce and turn. The more runs we score, the better position we get ourselves into."
Asked what England would be looking at in terms of putting on the board, he said, "We will have to see how the wicket plays. We have to see and adjust. We have to go out there and bat without setting any target."
- Fixing probe now reaches Bollywood, son of Dara Singh held
- BCCI cashes Pune Warriors guarantee, 'disgusted' Sahara walks out of IPL
- Sreesanth spent Rs 1.95L on clothes, bought friend BlackBerry, paid in cash: Police
- Delhi firm with MoD as client is linked to Pak cyberattacks
- After Infosys, iGATE sacks Phaneesh Murthy for sexual misconduct
- 2 weeks after harassment, Haryana schoolgirls return, cops in tow