I want to adapt Mahabharata on screen, play Krishna: Aamir Khan
- Former Ranji player held, Sreesanth and others to be produced in court today
- Li Keqiang pitches for more Chinese investments as he backs trade balance
- All eyes on Narendra Modi as BJP set to discuss strategy for Lok Sabha polls
- SC agrees to hear PIL to stay IPL matches due to spot-fixing
- Monstrous tornado rips through US city of Oklahoma, 90 dead
The 47-year-old actor has even thought that he will play the character of Lord Krishna in it.
"I want to make the Mahabharata. It's my dream and a nightmare too. It will take 20 years of my life to work on such a subject. I am apprehensive about it because people complain that I take three years to make a film," he said on the sidelines of Agenda Aaj Tak's session 'Dil Chahta Hai'.
"I actually wanted to play Karna because he is my favourite. But I feel, I don't fit into the character because he was a six feet five inches warrior. So, I think I will be best suited for Krishna's character. My mom used to call me Krishna when I was a kid and like him, I was also surrounded by girls."
The 'Talaash' star has always built a sense of responsibility in the society be it his initiative to join anti-corruption crusader Anna Hazare or highlighting social issues through his TV debut 'Satyamev Jayate'.
"Being an entertainer or a creative person, it's my social responsibility to build the social fabric and a grace in the society.
I am not a political person because I have no interest in politics.
I strongly feel that I should contribute for a social change through my craft," he said.
Recently, a man who spoke against honour killing in one of the episodes of 'Satyamev Jayate' was allegedly shot dead by his family members.
The actor expressed his grief for this act but said he will not scrap the idea of going ahead with the second season of his show.
"My good wishes will always be with him and wife. But with this, I don't lost my hope to do something for my society. I will definitely bring the second season of the show."
- 'Sophisticated' Indian cyberattacks targeted Pak military sites: Report
- Talkative Li quoted Weber, Hegel, Jobs, said PM is large-hearted
- Bihar food corp ends up with chaff as rice worth Rs 535 cr vanishes from mills
- In 7 lucrative minutes on May 9, Sreesanth bowled 6 balls, bookie made Rs 2.5 cr
- India and China ask border envoys to work on more steps
- Former Ranji player among 3 more held