I wanted to do earthy, strong women-based roles, says Preity
- India to convey concerns over Ladakh incursion to Chinese Premier
- IPL spot-fixing case: Delhi Police to trace money trail in four cities
- IPL 2013 LIVE SCORE: Mumbai Indians bowl, Sachin Tendulkar misses out
- Rajapaksa slams Tamil diaspora for lack of support in reconciliation process
- 5 differently abled orphan girls beaten, raped in Jaipur residential school
Thirty five films later, (give or take a few), Preity Zinta felt like a bored housewife. "I was bored of doing all bubbly, happy-go-lucky roles, because ironically, as you climb the ladder of filmi success, big filmmakers don't want to take big risks and one ends up doing the same thing. I was done with it," says the perky little actress, in town to talk about her upcoming film, Ishqk in Paris, her first film as a producer, and one of India's first films to be shot entirely in the romance capital of the world, Paris.
Posing for the shutterbugs at Maya Jewels in Sector 7, and later at Gitanjali Jewels, Zinta shares how sports brought back the fun element in her life and gave her the much needed break from films. "I got hooked to cricket, and even wanted to open a school of sports. But my dear friend, also the director of the film, Prem R Soni, pulled me out, and convinced me that I belong in films, and at least should produce on if not act in it." And so rolled the story of Ishkq in Paris, which according to Zinta, is not a teeny bopper love story. It has depth, real life characters and situations and a certain degree of maturity, and a message too. A medium budget film with newcomer Reehan Malliek in the lead with Zinta, the film releases this November 2.
Ask her why did she not sign a big name for her first production, and Zinta reasons it out with lessons learnt from her stint at Harvard. "When you start a business, always start small so that you recover faster. We wanted newcomers and must have auditioned hundreds. Rehan was finally signed in and Prem convinced me to pair opposite him," tells Zinta who will also be seen with Sunny Deol in Bhaiyyaji Superhit.
- Destitute, orphan students outclass rest in Andhra Class 10 exams
- To re-energise ties, PM wants to visit US, waits for confirmation
- NIA court says no terror link, frees 'Hizbul militant' Liyaqat on bail
- CBI arrests its coal allotments investigator on bribery charge
- ‘Cricketer-bookie Amit may have used Jiju to reach Sree’
- BCCI chief N Srinivasan says police must prove spot-fixing allegations