I'd dance at an award show rather than get one: Abhay Deol
- IPL spot-fixing case: Actor Vindoo Dara Singh arrested in Mumbai
- IPL 2013 LIVE SCORE: Chennai Super Kings bat, Sachin Tendulkar still out
- Pune Warriors withdraw from IPL, 'disgusted' by BCCI's attitude
- IPL spot fixing: How Sreesanth splurged money on girlfriend
- Li Keqiang visits TCS, Cyrus P Mistry says China important for growth of Tata Group
Abhay Deol is yet to win an award for his acting prowess despite impressing audiences with films like "Dev D" and "Shanghai", but the actor says he has no regrets as award functions in our country are a sham.
The 36-year-old said he'd rather dance and get paid on the shows than receive and award.
"Awards are a sham and just a show. People either go to the functions if they are getting one or if they are being paid. And people on the jury have told me why a particular person is given the award, and it is obviously not for the acting skills but for personal interests," Abhay said on the sidelines of the NFDC Film Bazaar here.
He feels not getting an award means he is probably doing good work.
"If I am not getting an award that means I am doing it right. I have been called so many times to these functions saying they are giving me an award but I believe that is just silly. I would rather prefer being paid for dancing on these events. It's a good way of earning more money," he added.
Besides being an actor, Abhay is also trying his hands at production. Though his first production "Road, Movie" did not take off well he says he is being cautious with his second project "Basra".
"My first production did not take off so I am very cautious about the second one. I am being very calculative about everything. As a producer I want to explore projects which other people are afraid to. I want to write and develop scripts which are close to my heart and then package them in a mainstream film," he said.
Abhay also said that as a producer he is realising the difficulties of finding a market for niche films, which is something he also faced as an actor.
- 'Sophisticated' Indian cyberattacks targeted Pak military sites: Report
- Talkative Li quoted Weber, Hegel, Jobs, said PM is large-hearted
- Bihar food corp ends up with chaff as rice worth Rs 535 cr vanishes from mills
- In 7 lucrative minutes on May 9, Sreesanth bowled 6 balls, bookie made Rs 2.5 cr
- India and China ask border envoys to work on more steps
- Former Ranji player among 3 more held