If Pak beheaded 2 of our soldiers, India should decapitate 40 in retaliation, says Shiv Sena
- Spot-fixing: Chandila was in touch with four sets of bookies, says Delhi Police
- Chinese Premier Li Keqiang arrives, to hold talks with PM on boundary, water issues
- IPL 2013: Delhi Daredevils crash to defeat, finish last
- Jaganmohan's wife attacks CBI, accuses it of working at Congress behest
- Blast accused death: UP govt seeks CBI probe, FIR against 42 persons
Outraged at the brutal killing of two soldiers by the Pakistan Army, Shiv Sena on Wednesday demanded resignation of Defence Minister A K Antony and said India should give a "befitting" reply.
"Not only Shiv Sena, but the entire country is demanding Antony's resignation. He should quit from the post. What is the need for such a Defence Minister (when such incidents happen?" Sena MP and spokesperson Sanjay Raut said.
Calling for a "befitting" reply from the Indian side, he said, "If our two soldiers are beheaded, we should behead 40 of their soldiers."
Raut said, on one hand Pakistan cricket team is playing matches in India and on the other Pakistani army is killing our soldiers.
"If such brutal attacks takes place without any war it will demoralise our soldiers and they won't be able to fight for the country," he added.
Violating the ceasefire agreement, Pakistani regular soldiers yesterday crossed into Indian territory in Poonch sector and ambushed an Indian patrol killing two soldiers, one of whom was decapitated.
The attack took place along the Line of Control (LoC) in Poonch district when Pakistanis came about 100 metres into Indian territory and assaulted the patrol party.
- Quake-hit and shaken, Bhaderwah spends nights in the open
- UP blast accused dies on way to jail, govt wanted to drop case against him
- Former civil aviation secy changes mind, seeks airport security exemption as EC
- BCCI suspects Gujarat players in other teams were also approached
- Police on money trail, Sreesanth in fresh trouble
- Chhattisgarh 'encounter' leaves 8 villagers dead, no Maoist link yet