IIM-Rohtak inks MoU with Kelly Biz School
- IPL spot-fixing case: Net widens, police watching 3 more players, other bookies
- IPL 2013: Imperious Brad Hodge powers Rajasthan Royals to qualifier
- Sonia Gandhi, PM Manmohan Singh slam BJP for disrupting Parliament, stalling bills
- IPL spot-fixing: 'Bookie' Vindoo was close to BCCI chief's son-in-law, say cops
- Jessica Lall case: Shayan Munshi to face perjury trial
Indian Institute of Management Rohtak and the Kelley School of Business, Indiana University signed a memorandum of understanding for academic collaboration on Wednesday. The partnership will be in the form of joint research and doctoral work, exchange programmes for both teachers and students, and joint academic structures for job executives as well as consultation on joint teaching material. The ceremony, which took place at the Constitution Club, was attended by Deepender Hooda, Congress MP from Rohtak, Ashok Thakur, Special Secretary, Technical Education, Ministry of Human Resource Development and representatives from the two business schools.
Daniel Smith, Dean of the Kelly School of Business said, "This is a historic and special day for both business schools. What started as an idea emanating out of casual conversations has today come to fruition. The Kelly School of Business is ranked amongst the top 25 schools in the world in terms of research productivity and research impact. These will be our core areas of collaboration."
Representing the government, Thakur said, "The IIM at Rohtak is one of the new management institute's that have emerged out of the Governments priority on education. In the last five year plan, the education budget was increased nine fold. But the brand itself is nothing, the quality of education delivered matters. And the company you keep in terms of partnering with foreign business schools is important."
Hooda, whose hometown is Rohtak, is an alumnus of Kelley School of Business. "I am
glad I could help in whatever way I can," he said.
- Fixing probe now reaches Bollywood, son of Dara Singh held
- BCCI cashes Pune Warriors guarantee, 'disgusted' Sahara walks out of IPL
- Sreesanth spent Rs 1.95L on clothes, bought friend BlackBerry, paid in cash: Police
- Delhi firm with MoD as client is linked to Pak cyberattacks
- After Infosys, iGATE sacks Phaneesh Murthy for sexual misconduct
- 2 weeks after harassment, Haryana schoolgirls return, cops in tow