IIT-Gn director elected IAEE president
- IPL spot-fixing case: Net widens, police watching 3 more players, other bookies
- IPL 2013: Imperious Brad Hodge powers Rajasthan Royals to qualifier
- Sonia Gandhi, PM Manmohan Singh slam BJP for disrupting Parliament, stalling bills
- IPL spot-fixing: 'Bookie' Vindoo was close to BCCI chief's son-in-law, say cops
- Jessica Lall case: Shayan Munshi to face perjury trial
AHMEDABAD: Professor Sudhir K Jain, director of IIT-Gandhinagar, has been elected president of the International Association for Earthquake Engineering (IAEE). The IAEE is involved in research, policies, regulations and education related to earthquake engineering, and its membership consists of earthquake engineering associations and societies of 56 countries.
Nine-year-old dies in roof collapse
RAJKOT: A nine-year-old girl died while sleeping in the wee hours of Friday as a slab of concrete from the upper floor collapsed and fell on her in Veraval area of the city. Five other family members also sustained injuries in the incident. Veraval fire brigade officials brought out the body of Heena Chomal from debris on Friday morning. The police said the three-storey old building was in dismal condition.
- Paddy shortfall blamed for mystery death of procurement officer
- 'Bookie' Vindoo was close to BCCI chief’s son-in-law: cops
- Net widens, police watching three more players, new set of bookies
- Suspected Islamists behead soldier on London street
- Malegaon 2006 case: NIA names four right wing terror suspects
- BJP invokes 'sarcasm, ridicule' against PM