Ilayaraja gets Sangeet Natak Akademi award
- IPL spot-fixing case: Net widens, police watching 3 more players, other bookies
- IPL 2013: Imperious Brad Hodge powers Rajasthan Royals to qualifier
- Sonia Gandhi, PM Manmohan Singh slam BJP for disrupting Parliament, stalling bills
- IPL spot-fixing: 'Bookie' Vindoo was close to BCCI chief's son-in-law, say cops
- Jessica Lall case: Shayan Munshi to face perjury trial
Legendary composer Ilayaraja is among nine artistes from the field of music who will receive the Sangeet Natak Akademi Awards for 2012 while Grammy Award-winning percussionist T H Vinayakram and veteran playwright Ratan Thiyam and violinist N Rajam have been chosen for the prestigious Sangeet Natak Akademi fellowship.
Ilayaraja has been awarded for Creative and Experimental Music. The other eight artistes chosen for the award are Rajashekhar Mansur, Ajay Pohankar, Sabir Khan, Bahauddin Dagar, O S Thyagarajan, Mysore M Nagaraja, K V Prasad and Bhai Balbir Singh Ragi.
- Paddy shortfall blamed for mystery death of procurement officer
- 'Bookie' Vindoo was close to BCCI chiefís son-in-law: cops
- Net widens, police watching three more players, new set of bookies
- Suspected Islamists behead soldier on London street
- Malegaon 2006 case: NIA names four right wing terror suspects
- BJP invokes 'sarcasm, ridicule' against PM