ILFC warns India: Aeroplane repossession row could scare off funds
The waiting list for some types of aircraft has grown to unprecedented levels of 6-7 years and cannot be pushed out even further because buyers cannot plan that far ahead, he said, adding a more sustainable backlog would be 3-4 years.
Just as airlines overbook seats to protect their income in the event passengers cancel, plane manufacturers use exactly the same strategy on the airlines by selling more aircraft than they can actually make in the expectation that some will cancel.
"I don't know if they are over-selling; I think they are very smart and both Airbus and Boeing have mastered the art of overbooking, like the airlines around the world," Courpron said.
- Fixing probe now reaches Bollywood, son of Dara Singh held
- BCCI cashes Pune guarantee, Sahara walks out of IPL
- 'Sree spent Rs 1.95L on clothes, bought friend BlackBerry'
- Delhi firm with MoD as client is linked to Pak cyberattacks
- After Infosys, iGATE sacks Phaneesh Murthy for sexual misconduct
- 2 weeks after harassment, Haryana schoolgirls return, cops in tow