Illegal slaughter house: Hotel owner ‘beaten’ after complaint
- Trouble mounts for Sreesanth as Mumbai cops gather more evidence
- SIT to seek Supreme Court guidance on Maya Kodnani death penalty issue
- Tamil Nadu police bans Yasin Malik-linked pro-Eelam public meeting
- Kings XI Punjab end IPL 2013 campaign with a win
- Narendra Modi: India losing sheen as agricultural nation
The owner of hotel Malook and his employees were allegedly beaten up on Wednesday after a complaint was made to Municipal Corporation against an illegal slaughter house running in the area.
Nand Lal Mann, the owner of the hotel, who complained against Avtar Meat House in Mohalla Acharyan, Town hall Road, told Newsline on Wednesday, "I complained to municipal corporation about the slaughter house working illegally without license in the area. Owner of the slaughter house along with his employees came to my hotel and created ruckus."
"They threatened me first and then beat my employees," he added. Working in violation of section 333 and 343-C of the MC act, the slaughter house was declared illegal last year.
Hhealth officials had inspected the slaughterhouse on August 27, 2012 and found violations and discrepancies in the slaughterhouse. "The slaughterhouse is running without a license," said the inspection note of MC.
Meanwhile, owner of the slaughterhouse Aman Singh claimed that Mann and his associates attacked them and injured his employees. An FIR has been registered by the owner of Avtar Meat House at division number 1 police station and investigation is on.
- Quake-hit and shaken, Bhaderwah spends nights in the open
- UP blast accused dies on way to jail, govt wanted to drop case against him
- Former civil aviation secy changes mind, seeks airport security exemption as EC
- BCCI suspects Gujarat players in other teams were also approached
- Police on money trail, Sreesanth in fresh trouble
- Chhattisgarh 'encounter' leaves 8 villagers dead, no Maoist link yet