In a first, Navsari MP gets ISO certification for his office
- Anti-corruption unit will now monitor access to players: BCCI
- Counter-terrorism to top Indo-US Security dialogue agenda: Sushilkumar Shinde
- IPL 2013 LIVE SCORE: Pune Warriors vs Delhi Daredevils
- Chinese Premier Li Keqiang arrives today, PM to seek early revival of border talks
- Telangana very much part of UPA national agenda: P C Chacko
BJP MP from Navsari C R Patil has become the country's first MP to get an ISO certification 9001: 2008 for his office for excellent role in implementing government schemes for the public.
The audit work of the MP's office in Surat was done by Intertek Moody, a leading international provider of certification services.
Patil was given the certificate at a function in Surat where Intertek Moody's regional director Sandeep Vig was also present along with several BJP MLAs.
Vig said, "Our audit found that his office had well-established channels of implementing various government schemes of the state government for people and has a professional team to manage it." "This is the first time our company has given an ISO certification to any member of Parliament. Our auditors had fixed certain parameters in which Patil qualified," Vig added.
Patil said the idea was to keep his office well-organised to help him keep in touch with over 5 lakh voters in his constituency.
"I have over 50,000 people following me on Facebook. I plan to organise a get-together function of my FB friends soon. The people of Surat and Navsari have elected me and so I also should take care of them," he said.
- Quake-hit and shaken, Bhaderwah spends nights in the open
- UP blast accused dies on way to jail, govt wanted to drop case against him
- Former civil aviation secy changes mind, seeks airport security exemption as EC
- BCCI suspects Gujarat players in other teams were also approached
- Police on money trail, Sreesanth in fresh trouble
- Chhattisgarh 'encounter' leaves 8 villagers dead, no Maoist link yet