In Gujarat, the priming of a CM
- IPL spot-fixing case: Net widens, police watching 3 more players, other bookies
- IPL 2013: Imperious Brad Hodge powers Rajasthan Royals to qualifier
- Sonia Gandhi, PM Manmohan Singh slam BJP for disrupting Parliament, stalling bills
- IPL spot-fixing: 'Bookie' Vindoo was close to BCCI chief's son-in-law, say cops
- Jessica Lall case: Shayan Munshi to face perjury trial
Modi is restricting himself to events with the potential for a national connect. Like the wedding he attended of Gujarat Governor Kamla Beniwal's granddaughter in Jaipur. The Governor and Modi do not exactly share a cordial professional equation, and it was noted that at the wedding reception, a crowd outside reportedly raised slogans in support of him as PM.
With the top Congress leadership all but decimated, Modi can afford to take it easy back home. So the successful address at Delhi's SRCC college is likely to see a repeat.
Leena is editor, Ahmedabad
- Fixing probe now reaches Bollywood, son of Dara Singh held
- BCCI cashes Pune Warriors guarantee, 'disgusted' Sahara walks out of IPL
- Sreesanth spent Rs 1.95L on clothes, bought friend BlackBerry, paid in cash: Police
- Delhi firm with MoD as client is linked to Pak cyberattacks
- After Infosys, iGATE sacks Phaneesh Murthy for sexual misconduct
- 2 weeks after harassment, Haryana schoolgirls return, cops in tow