In Kalyan’s bastion, BJP puts organisation polls on hold
- India, China call for end to incursion issue, sign 8 deals to boost ties
- Aarushi murder case: Rajesh Talwar claims he was asleep when killings took place
- Railgate: BJP protests against CBI DIG for shielding Pawan Bansal
- Spot-Fixing: Sreesanth reveals bookies lured India players with cars, women
- Jagan Reddy case: Accused Andhra ministers Sabitha, Dharmana Rao resign
Former chief minister Kalyan Singh has yet to make a formal return in the BJP but the party has started preparations to adjust his men in the organisation. BJP has put on hold organisation elections in three districts including Etah, Bulandshahr and Aligarh, which are Kalyan's strongholds and sources said that his men will be nominated there as district presidents.
Sources said that Kalyan will depute his workers of Jan Kranti Party (JKP) in districts units there after his re-entry in BJP. Kalyan is Lok Sabha member from Etah and sources said he has planned to field his son Rajvir Singh from there in the next Lok Sabha elections. Also, Kalyan wants to field his two JKP leaders in Bulandshahr and Aligarh. His men will be nominated in the organisation polls to help these candidates in the Lok Sabha elections, the sources added.
Aligarh is the home district of Kalyan and he has been MLA from Atrauli seat there several times before. His daughter-in-law Premlata had lost in the Assembly election from the same seat earlier this year. Rajvir had lost election from Debai Assembly seat in Bulandshahr.
BJP state president Laxmikant Bajpai said, "Organisation elections have been put on hold in these districts because the election in-charge deputed there are busy with some other works. Elections would be completed there later."
But a party leader in Bulandshahr said that elections of mandal presidents and members of districts councils have been completed in all 40 mandals of the district. These mandal presidents and council members had to vote to elect the district president. "But the process for election of district president has been put on hold for Kalyanji who will nominate his own man for this position after his joining," said the leader.
Another leader in Aligarh said, "Out of 11 mandals in the city unit, elections of mandal president and members of district council have been completed in only five so far. Elections in the rest six mandals have been stopped." He said that schedule for further elections would be announced only after re-entry of Kalyan Singh.
- Former Ranji player among 3 more held
- Rajasthan Royals to file FIR against tainted trio
- If found guilty, BCCI to ask ICC to erase Sreesanth records
- Top cops among 42 named in death of blast accused
- Manmohan-Li talks: PM takes tough line on incursion issue
- Security forces blame Maoists, villagers say CoBRA man was killed in 'friendly fire'