In Parkash Singh Badal-ruled Punjab, Akalis on rampage, thrash singer
- Rs 20L seized from Ajit Chandila relative's home, another ex-cricketer held
- Indian American teen Eesha Khare invents wondrous 20-sec charger, Google eyes bid
- India and China ask SRs to work on more border steps
- Can't charge man with rape over consensual sex even if marriage eludes: Supreme Court
- Saudi Arabian authorities refuse to accept new Indian passports
A Punjabi singer was thrashed by some unknown persons allegedly owing allegiance to Akalis at a marriage function in Mohali, police said on Tuesday.
Babbu Chandigarhia alias Shubash, a local Punjabi singer, had went to attend a marriage party at the lawns of Punjab Cricket Association stadium at Mohali last night.
At the function some youths asked the singer to sing at the function, police said.
However, he refused to oblige saying he was at the function as a guest and not as a singer.
This infuriated the youths allegedly owing allegiance to Akalis who thrashed him.
Police said the guilty would not be spared at any cost.
Meanwhile, sources said the party was organised in connection with the marriage of a distant relative of an Akali leader Balwant Singh Ramoowalia.
- 'Sophisticated' Indian cyberattacks targeted Pak military sites: Report
- Talkative Li quoted Weber, Hegel, Jobs, said PM is large-hearted
- Bihar food corp ends up with chaff as rice worth Rs 535 cr vanishes from mills
- In 7 lucrative minutes on May 9, Sreesanth bowled six balls, bookie made Rs 2.5 cr
- India and China ask border envoys to work on more steps
- Former Ranji player among 3 more held