In surprise Oscar appearance Michelle Obama Naeem Khan
- IPL spot-fixing case: Net widens, police watching 3 more players, other bookies
- IPL 2013 LIVE SCORE: Regular wickets keep Sunrisers Hyderabad in the hunt
- Sonia Gandhi, PM Manmohan Singh slam BJP for disrupting Parliament, stalling bills
- IPL spot-fixing: 'Bookie' Vindoo was close to BCCI chief's son-in-law, say cops
- Jessica Lall case: Shayan Munshi to face perjury trial
US First Lady Michelle Obama chose to don a creation by eminent Indian-American designer Naeem Khan in her surprise Oscar appearance Sunday night.
The First Lady made an unannounced appearance to name the Best Picture winner - 'Argo' - live from the Diplomatic Room of the White House.
"The Academy Awards approached the First Lady about being a part of the ceremony. As a movie lover, she was honored to present the award and celebrate the artists who inspire us all especially our young people - with their passion, skill and imagination," said Kristina Schake, Communications Director to the First Lady.
In her appearance, the First Lady was wearing the same strapless silver design by Khan which she wore to the Governor's Dinner.
The Mumbai-born designer's client list boasts of celebrities including Beyonce, Carrie Underwood, Eva Longoria, Leighton Meester and Brooke Shields
- Fixing probe now reaches Bollywood, son of Dara Singh held
- BCCI cashes Pune Warriors guarantee, 'disgusted' Sahara walks out of IPL
- Sreesanth spent Rs 1.95L on clothes, bought friend BlackBerry, paid in cash: Police
- Delhi firm with MoD as client is linked to Pak cyberattacks
- After Infosys, iGATE sacks Phaneesh Murthy for sexual misconduct
- 2 weeks after harassment, Haryana schoolgirls return, cops in tow