Ind Vs Eng T20 ticket sales from Nov 25
- IPL spot-fixing case: Net widens, police watching 3 more players, other bookies
- IPL 2013: Imperious Brad Hodge powers Rajasthan Royals to qualifier
- Sonia Gandhi, PM Manmohan Singh slam BJP for disrupting Parliament, stalling bills
- IPL spot-fixing: 'Bookie' Vindoo was close to BCCI chief's son-in-law, say cops
- Jessica Lall case: Shayan Munshi to face perjury trial
The Maharashtra Cricket Association (MCA) announced that a record number of 38,500 tickets will be available for the India vs England Twenty20 match to be played at the Subroto Roy Sahara Stadium here on December 20. Tickets will range from Rs 750 to Rs 75,000. MCA president Ajay Shirke said he was confident that the association could stage a successful international match after putting up an efficient show during this year's IPL. Tickets for the match would go on sale from November 25 at Deccan Gymkhana, PYC Hindu Gymkhana, Cafe Coffee Day outlets, Subroto Roy Sahara Stadium and also on the internet at www.bookmyshow.com.
Vece Paes guides tennis players
The Tennis Vertical of sports NGO Lakshya launched a special drive that focused upon the fitness aspect of players. Fitness consultant and father of ace tennis player Leander Paes, Dr Vece Paes guided Lakshya players over fitness-related issues. He held a two-day workshop for players like Ankita Raina, Arjun Kadhe, Prarthana Thombare, Sahil Deshmukh and Rutuja Bhosale at Sancheti Hospital and PYC Hindu Gymkhana. The programme focused upon medical and physical fitness evaluation and also planning the fitness programme for each player. Recovery from sports injuries was also part of the programme.
Pune marathon to carry Rs 25 lakh prize money
The 27th edition of the Pune International marathon to be held on December 2 will carry a total prize fund of Rs 25 lakh. Runners from 15 countries like Tanzania, Switzerland, Kazakhastan, Russia, Ukraine and Sri Lanka among others will be participating in the marathon. The winner in the men's category will be awarded Rs 3 lakh while the women's half marathon winner will walk away with Rs 1.5 lakh. Organising secretary Pralhad Sawant said if the winner of the men's marathon clocked a time under two hours and ten minutes, an additional prize of Rs 1 lakh would be given. London 2012 Olympian Sudha Singh and Asian Games silver medallist Kavita Raut have been named among the brand ambassadors of the marathon.
- Paddy shortfall blamed for mystery death of procurement officer
- 'Bookie' Vindoo was close to BCCI chief’s son-in-law: cops
- Net widens, police watching three more players, new set of bookies
- Suspected Islamists behead soldier on London street
- Malegaon 2006 case: NIA names four right wing terror suspects
- BJP invokes 'sarcasm, ridicule' against PM